FMPH 495/499: Master's Capstone/Thesis Independent Study Courses

In order to enroll in an FMPH 495/499 independent study, students must complete an Pre-Enrollment form.

FMPH 498 Pre-Enrollment Form

FMPH 498: Independent Study

MPH students who would like to earn credit for independent study work with faculty must submit an FMPH 498 Independent Study Request form. This form must be signed by the faculty member supervising the independent study, or come from their faculty supervisor's UCSD email.

Independent Study forms should be submitted at least 2 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the student is doing their independent study.

Forms can be submitted in person, or via email at

FMPH 498 Independent Study Request Form