For more information about the Public Health major, please see the UCSD General Catalog.

Attention Students Wishing to Declare the Public Health Major

If you are not currently declared as a Public Health Major please fill out this Major Contact List Form.  This form is also to assist with the FMPH 40 waitlist.  If you are trying to get into FMPH 40 and are not a declared Public Health major, this list is the only way we know you are interested in enrolling in the course.

Please Note: All BSPH Majors are capped. Capped majors are majors with limited enrollment. Students who were not directly admitted into one of the BSPH Majors can still complete the Public Health Entry Requirement and declare a BSPH Major after meeting the entry requirement. Please see the Public Health Entry Requirement on our website for additional information. 

Staff Advisors

Dina Rodgers

Undergraduate Student Affairs Advisor
University Center 202, Room 406

Elisa Crossman

Undergraduate Student Affairs Advisor
University Center 202, Room 408

Current UCSD students must submit their questions or appointment requests via the Virtual Advising Center. Queries received via email or phone will not receive a response.

Prospective students, contact us at with your questions about the Public Health program.

Academic Advising Hours

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: All in-person advising services have been suspended until further notice.  Students who need assistance can contact Public Health Advisors through the Virtual Advising Center.  At this time any campus forms that need to be reviewed by a Public Health Advisor can be sent to The Public Health Office will return the completed form through the VAC as soon as we are able.

15-minute walk-in advising is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more in-depth advising including creating an academic plan, please make a 30-minute appointment with an advisor. If you are not currently a UCSD student, you may request an appointment via email ( Current students MUST submit appointment requests via the Virtual Advising Center. In your request, please include your first and second choice days and times when you are available for an appointment that are listed as available on the calendar.


The Bachelor of Science in Public Health Undergraduate Student Affairs office is located at UCtr 202, Suite 400. The entrance is located on the southern side of the building, adjacent to Gilman Drive. You can find us through the UCSD UCtr 202 GoogleMaps

Looking for a specific office location for one of the Public Health Student Affairs Education Staff?  You can see where each individual's office location by checking out the University Center 202 Space Layout for Public Health Programs.